so this is where i do the same thing everyone else is doing and look back at the year to see how i did with my resolutions. because i'm masochistic original like that. so here they are:
- body. ahh, the same resolution that's on everyone's list. and one that, yes, will still be on my list for 2012. all things considered, i did pretty well. i got back into the groove of working out and stuck with it for the most part. i averaged about three times a week, and when i was there i worked hard. but it's a little depressing when i look at the pictures i took before i got a gym membership and compare them to now. really haven't changed that much. some, yes. there's a difference. but not a big one.
- write more. totally bombed this one. i barely wrote a thing. in fact if anything i think i'm getting worse. i don't want it any less, but reality has been hitting hard lately. future's a little too hazy right now.
- chillax about getting older. i have been, to a point. there's still an ever-present awareness of the fact that i'm pushing 30, am dirt poor, have no life, and am not really any closer to getting one. but thanks to a retinol night cream and a tone-correcting spf by day at least the wrinkles are minimized.
- move out before my twenty-eighth birthday. check. even if it wasn't the best of ideas.
- i really need to be better with money. not doing too well on this one, considering how much i spent over the last month (mostly on myself). i am getting the credit under control, though. slowly.
- boyfriend. i dated 21+ guys in 2011. still cuddling with hermes tonight.
- get out more. i did. not necessarily to the venues i'd prefer. but i definitely havent been hermitting as much as i used to.
- read more. yeah. definitely did that. still a lot of things to get to, though.
- go to bed earlier. well, i've been forced to with my job and having to get up at 5:20 every morning. but i haven't really been getting more sleep.
- travel. other than the move, sadly no. but the move counts for a little, right? i drove through tons of places i'd never been on the way here.
- expand my horizons. oy. not really. but in some ways, i guess. kinda. not really.
- piano more. this one just makes me sad. :(
- invent a time machine so i'll be able to fit all these ridiculous things in my schedule. check.